Personal data protection
This privacy notice applies to personal data, i.e. information that www.eisfinanzplaz.lu, through its administrator, Luxembourg for Finance, collects from you and other third parties that specifically identifies you as an individual. www.eisfinanzplaz.lu may collect data in various manners:
- Information that we automatically collect when you use our website and/or when you communicate with us: when you use our Website, we automatically collect, through Cookies, the following information: navigation and click-stream data; HTTP protocol elements; search terms. When you communicate with us , we also automatically collect your identification and contact details to respond to your queries and requests, and to send you marketing material that may be of interest for you.
- Your personal data will not be transferred to any country outside the European Union which does not ensure an adequate level of protection unless you gave us prior authorisation to do so or specific measures (adequate security measures such as model clauses) have been taken by us in order to ensure that the requirements of the applicable data protection law have been fulfilled.
Sharing your personal data
Your information will be shared internally for the purpose of managing our service to you. This includes all staff members of www.eisfinanzplaz.lu, i.e. its administrator, Luxembourg for Finance.
www.eisfinanzplaz.lu shares your personal data externally as necessary to render any service you have requested or authorised. For instance:
- To service providers: we may need to share limited information with our service providers who assist us in providing services to you, who help us to prepare and send you our communications and/or process your responses.
- Safety, security and compliance with law: we will access, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data to comply with applicable law and for reasons relating to national security. This may involve the sharing of your data with law enforcement, government agencies and other organisations.
- Consent: we may share your data in other ways and for new purposes if you have asked us to do so and have consented to such sharing.
The administrator seeks to ensure that you are able to exercise your rights at any time and will address any request within the limits of its technical and organisational means.
- Right to access your personal information: should you want to review the data we hold, collect and process about you, please let us know by contacting us.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale pour la Protection des Données (the “CNPD”), where you believe that your data is being processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR.
Please be aware that these rights are not always absolute and there may be some situations in which LFF may not be able to comply with your request.
In accordance with applicable data protection legislation, www.eisfinanzplaz.lu, i.e. its administrator, Luxembourg for Finance (hereafter “LFF”) hereby informs you that when using the website, mobile sites, or mobile apps (“Website”) of LFF, we may collect information by using ‘cookies’.
What are cookies and how to they work?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to your computer or other internet enabled devices when you visit a website. These cookies are designed to allow the website to recognise its users on subsequent visits, or to authorise other designated websites to recognise these users for a particular purpose. We collect a number of cookies from you for various reasons, not least to track our own performance – but also to let us serve you content tailored to your own specifications, hopefully improving your overall experience of the Website. Amongst other things, the cookies we use allow us to calculate how many visitors we have and how long they stay on our site.
Cookies can be classified in two different ways, by ‘life span’ and by ‘domain’. There are two types of cookies categorized by life span:
- Session cookies to identify you and used as an element in the security of your session. These are deleted once the browser is closed and are therefore not saved on user’s device.
- Persistent cookies which do remain stored on the user’s terminal device for a certain period of time or until it is deleted manually. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit it again, so it can remember your preferences and tailor what you see on the screen.
When it comes to the domain, a distinction is made between:
- First-party cookies that are all related to the same domain, being related to one single website.
- Third-party cookies are kept by another domain, e.g. when accessing a file located on another web server.
Below you find a number of examples of how our Website seeks to improve your user experience:
- Recalling if you visited the site before. If you are a first-time user, you might see different content compared to a regular user.
- Remembering your preferences and settings, including marketing preferences
- Remembering your specific preferences, such as if you filled in a survey, so you are not asked to do it again.
- Enabling social media components, like Facebook or Twitter.
We like to keep track of what pages and links are popular and which ones do not get used so much to help us keep our sites relevant and up to date. It is also very useful to be able to identify trends of how people navigate (find their way through) our sites and if they get ‘error messages’ from web pages.
This group of cookies often called ‘analytics cookies’ is used to gather this information. Analytics cookies only record activity on the site you are on and they are only used to improve how a website works.
How to manage cookies?
As per European legislation, www.eisfinanzplaz.lu requires prior consent of the user to store or access data in the form of cookies on the user’s terminal device. We therefore have a pop-up banner to inform you of the use and storage of cookies on your terminal device when visiting the Website for the first time. Unless you deleted the cookies stored on your device or they have expired, you will not encounter the pop-up banner again when visiting the Website another time with the same browser and device.
In general browsers are configured to automatically accept cookies from any website. However, your browser’s settings offer the possibility to manage cookies.
You can block them for example or choose to notify you when a cookie is being stored on your terminal device.
In this respect it is also possible to disable the cookies used by our Website so that no cookie may longer be stored and used. Note that this may however reduce the Website’s functionality and have an impact on the overall user experience. We therefore recommend adjusting your browser settings in a manner that the Website’s cookies are accepted.